Call For Abstracts
Abstract Submission is Now Open
The Program Committee invites you to submit an abstract for consideration for inclusion in the 2019 FECCA Conference Program. All abstracts for inclusion as a presentation will be reviewed by the Committee. Please note there are limited spaces available for oral presentations in the Conference program. Any submissions that are not accepted as Oral Presentations may be accepted as Poster Presentations. Before submitting an abstract please read the instructions for authors and abstract guidelines.
|Abstract submission Opens||Now Open|
|Submission closing date||Friday 7 June 2019|
|Notification of acceptance||Friday 21 June 2019|
|Deadline for Early Bird Registration fee||Friday 16 August 2019|
|FECCA Conference||9 – 11 October 2019|
Instructions for Authors
Abstract Submission Portal
Abstracts should be submitted online using the Abstract Portal. When creating your abstract, please ensure you use the abstract template. Abstracts can be submitted for oral presentations or poster presentations.
Oral Presentation Guidelines
Abstracts will be accepted for 20 minute oral presentation plus 10 minutes of discussion time.
Please review all of the guidelines and criteria regarding abstract submission prior to completing the online form. To download the Submission Guidelines document click the link below.
Poster Presentation Guidelines
The purpose of the poster is to provide an avenue for you to address your abstract in a visual form. It allows for you to be present during the lunchtimes to discuss the content of the abstract with attendees interested in your content.
Please try and answer these three questions:
- What is the most important/interesting/astounding finding from my research topic?
- How can I visually share my research with conference attendees? Should I use charts, graphs, photos, images?
- What kind of information can I convey in conversations with poster viewers that will complement my poster?
Oral and Poster Presentation Guidelines
Abstracts will be accepted for 20 minute oral (15 minutes plus minimum of 5 minutes discussion time) or a poster presentation.
Poster authors will be asked to stand by their poster at designated times. Further presentation instructions will be given at that time.
Please review all of the guidelines and criteria regarding abstract submission prior to completing the online form.
- Abstracts should be original content and not previously presented.
- Your abstract must be submitted by the closing date, online in word format, using the abstract portal and abstract template.
- Maximum word count = 300 words including references but excluding title, authors names and addresses. Abstracts should be in Arial, 11 point font.
- Abstract to begin with Title, Author Name(s) and Affiliations. Eg: Women in the workplace, Dr Bill Smith, FECCA
- Abbreviations may be used but must be spelt out in full at the first mention, followed by the abbreviation in parentheses.
- All accepted abstract submissions will be published on the conference website and the FECCA 2019 website unless specific exclusion is requested (e.g. due to submission for publication elsewhere)
- First time presenters can request assistance to write an abstract. Contact the Conference Secretariat at email@example.com
- Review Criteria –
- Relevance for the FECCA audience
- Originality in content
- Clarity of abstract and adherence with abstract guidelines
- Potential impact on conference audience
- Presenters of accepted abstracts are required to register and pay the conference registration fee. FECCA will not cover costs associated with attendance or presentation at the conference.
- Authors will be notified of the results by Friday 21 June 2019.
Register your Expression of Interest for FECCA 2019 by clicking the button below.
9 – 11 October 2019
Hotel Grand Chancellor
1 Davey Street
Hobart TAS 7000